Friday 13 March 2020

Kick-Ass - I must have watched a different film 

I really feel like I shouldn't bother writing this. It's nearly 2013 and I've only just got round to watching Kick Ass. Since it was released everyone I've ever spoken to about it (and I speak to most people about films!) has said how great it is.

I should leave the review there, with the words "Everyone says it's great."

However, it just left me cold. There was something about it I didn't get. I thought it was going to be funnier. It's not that funny. It's also not action-packed enough to be an action film. The action is over-the-top as if it's trying to be silly, but `silly' and `action' don't really go together for me.

That's about it from me. I didn't like it. I didn't like the characters. I didn't like the action or the attempts to crowbar some drama into something that's, for the most part, trying to be silly and take off the superhero genre.

But I'm definitely the minority. Like I say, everyone else I've ever spoken to loved this.

For the record, I also don't like Bladerunner or the Godfather. I can't tell you why either.

5/10 a hard trek, a bit like unicycling to Mordor and back

No comments:

Post a Comment