Thursday 1 April 2021

Trespass - Sadly only average, despite the A-list cast

First of all, let me inform you that this film holds the (dubious) honour of being the quickest cinema release to go straight to DVD (just over two weeks). The reason, sadly, was that it hardly set the box office ablaze and the filmmakers were desperate to try and recoup some of the money they obviously had to fork out for Cage and Kidman.

Trespass is part of this new genre of thriller/horrors, known as `home invasion movies.' Basically, a gang of unlikeables enters a loveable family's home and threatens them/robs them etc. Will Mr and Mrs Average survive and dish out some well-deserved retribution along the way?
In the case of Trespass, who cares?

It's a pretty basic film - basic plot, basic script, basic characters and even basic acting from two stars who should know better. The characters spout clichés - the robbers shout, the hostages scream and any small plot development or motivation you can see coming a mile off (I won't give anything away, just in case you don't).

It's not the worst film of its genre by far. I didn't feel like I'd totally wasted an hour and a half of my life. It's just it should have been better, bearing in mind who was in it. I don't know what Cage and Kidman were thinking, agreeing to star in this.

Bottom line - it'll never be more than `just okay' (and there was something severely strange about Nicholas Cage's hair - I couldn't put my finger on it).

4/10 Dumb and Dumber could understand this film

No comments:

Post a Comment