Friday 30 April 2021

Drag Me to Hell - Too cheeky to be scary (but fun anyway)

I'm writing this review after my third viewing of Drag Me to Hell. I guess I've finally `got it.'
After seeing it advertised on its release, I was under the impression that it was meant to be [really] scary. Therefore, when the credits started to roll, I felt severely disappointed. This is NOT scary. It is however quite tongue-in-cheek - which I should have really guessed, seeing as it was made by the producers of the Evil Dead franchise.

It's about a girl who gets cursed by a psychotic old gypsy woman, who damns her to hell unless... well, you have to watch it to see what lengths the poor bank-worker will go to to save her soul.
This film, although grotesque in places, is far from frightening. It's more designed to make you laugh and throw-up at the same time.

Don't take it seriously. Just get some mates, some beers and some popcorn and enjoy it for all its daftness (and ALWAYS be nice to gypsies if they want an extension to their mortgage).

8/10 The Force is definitely strong with this one

No comments:

Post a Comment