Wednesday 20 May 2020

Find Me Guilty - A guilty pleasure

Okay, if you’re a fan of Vin Diesel you’ll probably be expecting him to do his usual busting heads and driving fast cars routine. However, I get the impression he took this film for the reason that it doesn’t include any of that.

In fact, 99% of the film is set entirely in the courtroom. ‘Find me Guilty’ is based on a true story of the longest Mafia trial in American history and Vin Diesel plays the man accused of... well, pretty much every crime going. He decides to represent himself and what follows is everything from black comedy to drama.

If you like Vin Diesel, you’ll probably think that this film proves that he’s a real actor and is more than just a hard man who can punch people. He is the highlight of the film, however, if you don’t like him, you – like a fair few other detractors on the Internet – will pour scorn on his performance.
I’m no die hard fan of Vin Diesel, but I thought he did really well as the fast-talking gangster accuse due to spend the rest of his life behind bars. It’s one of those films that I enjoyed watching, but, based on the fact that the whole film is just people talking, I’m not sure I’d want to watch it again for quite a while.

Action-packed, it is not. But fair play to Vin Diesel for trying to do more than just be cool (even if his hair piece is a little off-putting!).

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment