Wednesday 3 July 2019

Bad Teacher (2011) - Bad Teacher (good fun)

Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit fan of Cameron Diaz (please don't ask why), so you must appreciate that this review is heavily biased.

Comedies are fun, only many aren't funny. This one actually is. Okay, so it doesn't offer anything particularly original and it is a bit vulgar at times (even I was shocked by the language - without the few four letter words, it could have been cut down to a 12 certificate!), but it's just fun - fun, fun, fun. Daft, silly, frivolous and perfect to unwind to.

Like most people, you're probably used to seeing Cameron Diaz as a nice girl-next-door type. She probably relished the chance to let her evil side shine (and shine it does). She should be bad more often. She's even better bad than she it good.

In short, don't expect spectacular, just chill out and expect fun.

(I also wish that Cameron Diaz was my teacher when I was young - again, don't ask why)

8/10 The Force is definitely strong with this one

No comments:

Post a Comment