Wednesday 17 March 2021

Tower Block - Cheap, but decent British flick

The first thing you should know about Tower Block is that it doesn't have much of a budget. And it shows. However, for all its financial shortcomings, it does its best to lift itself above the rest.

The residents of the top floor of a high rise tower block - soon to be demolished - are targeted by a sniper who won't let them leave (alive, anyway). What follows is an hour and a half of a siege movie where they desperately try and find ways out. When I read the blurb about the film, I wondered how they could stretch that out for the full ninety minutes. I was pleasantly surprised when they did.

It's no classic, but enough of the characters are fun, stupid, or evil enough to take pleasure in watching and the typical `stupid decisions' they normally make in these sorts of films are kept to a minimum.

My advice: suspend your disbelief and just give it a go if you like the sound of it. You could do worse (I found the only major plot point I found hard to stomach was how one sniper could effectively shoot everyone in 0.1 seconds as soon as he saw them at any window - seriously, he must be the best marksman in the world!).

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment