Friday 12 March 2021

The Dilemma - Not a comedy 

Am I the only one who felt a bit duped? They put a couple of (normally quite) funny actors on the cover and the Dilemma's marketing describes it as a `comedy.'

It isn't.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad film, just not particularly funny. No, scrub that - not funny at all. I sat there waiting for the jokes. They didn't come.

Vince Vaughn discovers his best friend's wife is cheating with another man. The `dilemma' comes as he struggles to decide what to do about it. Yes, with a plot like that, there's a certain amount of scope for comedy. However, they obviously chose not to go with it.

Like I say, the film's okay, but I put it on expecting a happy-go-lucky, silly comedy (such as the Wedding Crashers or something) to tickle my funny bone for an hour and a half. I felt a little cheated. I may however watch it another time, but only when I'm in the mood for something a little more heavy.

4/10 Dumb and Dumber would probably appreciate this film

No comments:

Post a Comment