Thursday 19 November 2020

Rogue River - Nothing new, but not that bad either

Okay, so the premise is as old as the hills in horror movie history - girl-on-her-own gets lost in unknown territory and ends up being either hunted and/or captured by the locals.

And there is nothing new here in Rogue River. However, I actually found I enjoyed (most) of it - which is more than I normally enjoy of this type of clichéd horror film.

First of all, when you watch these movies, you normally ask yourself the question: What would I do in this situation? If you see the heroine running away from the killer when she could have just put a bullet in his head then you begin to lose interest and start to hate it due to its obvious lack of realism. At least in Rogue River, the heroine isn't completely stupid. She does make logical decisions and does her best to escape. Therefore I found it watchable and wasn't shouting instructions at my TV screen.

All in all, it's worth a watch if you feel you can sit through another film like this.

It's only real drawback was the ending. I won't say too much about it for fear of spoiling it, but, in my opinion, there were `questionable' decisions made by the writers which I felt wouldn't have happened in real life. But, despite that, I did enjoy most of the film which, as I've said, is more than I normally do of films with such `been-there/done-that' plots.

6/10 May just keep you awake if Freddy Krueger was haunting your nights

No comments:

Post a Comment