Monday 21 September 2020

 Force of Execution - Must have watched a different film


I’ve looked at a lot of reviews for ‘Force of Execution’ and they would have you believe that it’s an absolute classic. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t expecting Shakespeare. I knew I’d be letting myself in for a B-movie with stars from yesteryear, however, all I got was a pretty sub-standard affair.

The story is all over the place with one scene after the next depicting one gangland hit after the next. Steven Segal phones in his performance and Ving Rhames just grunts all the way through it (and don’t get me started on his ‘fighting abilities’!).

In short, this story is a mess. The settings chop and change from one location to another, never really linking together the overall tale, let alone leaving any space for the audience to care about any of the one-dimensional characters.

Yes, I know it’s a B-movie, but I was hoping for it to be entertaining. Sadly, this one’s better left off everyone concerned’s C.V.

3/10 Jabba the Hutt wipes himself down with this film

No comments:

Post a Comment