Tuesday 31 December 2019

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011 remake) - Good thriller - proof that remake aren't always bad? 

I can't really justify my title. I confess... I haven't seen the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, so I can't compare how the American version fares.

If you haven't read the book or seen the original (like me), it's about a disgraced journalist who enlists the help of a slightly emotionally unstable computer hacker to help him solve a murder that's been troubling a millionaire for decades. And it's fun. As it's the first in the trilogy, you don't need to have read the books first. Everything is explained and neatly wrapped up at the end (will there also be a US sequel? We will have to wait and see).

It is on the long side, so you might want to allocate a good two and a half hours to watching it.
It's worth it though - it could be because David Fincher directed it, but I found it pretty similar to Se7en. 

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment