Wednesday 25 December 2019

Red Lights - Worth it, just for the actors

Red Lights is about a team of professional sceptics, aka Cillian Murphy and Sigourney Weaver, who go around `debunking' supposed psychic and supernatural occurances (think Sculley from the X-files, but without the oversize flashlight and shoulderpads).

They seem to be making a good living off picking holes in séances and mediums when along comes our friend Robert DeNiro, who appears to be the `real deal.' Cue a battle played out in the media as they do their best to try and disprove his act.
Red Lights is certainly not the best film in the world, but it's different. I can't think of many other films that cover similar topics. And, of course you have the three big leads who elevate it to something higher than just a B-movie.

There are some twists and turns in the plot (one of which I saw coming, one I didn't) and I won't give those away. However, based on what I've read from other people on the internet after watching it, whether you approve of the `twists' will ultimately determine your enjoyment of the film. I guess it's a case of you have to watch the film to find out whether you'll like it or not.

I thought it was good. Not great, but solid enough to be enjoyable.

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment