Sunday 29 September 2019

Airbourne - Sort of like Murder on the Orient Express (at 30,000 feet)

As I write this review, Airborne current has a - less than classy - 3.8 out of 10 rating on the Internet Movie Database, meaning it's pretty much of a stinker. I saw that rating before I watched it, so that possibly lowered my expectations of what was to come.

I have to admit, I quite enjoyed it.

Take a look at the poster. Take a look at the cast list. What do they tell you? Basically, you should know that this is little more than a low budget British thriller with no real stars. If you feel you can put up with that for just under an hour and a half, give it a go.

Airborne is about an airliner which takes off from England, bound for America. There's not many passengers on it and soon there's even less when they start getting murdered one by one. There's plenty of red herrings and I doubt you'll guess what's really happening, as there are one or two nice twists. Of course for every plus point I can name, there are a fair few low points - lack of character development, daft writing here and there and a moment of sheer disbelief at the end.

I know it wasn't great, but I still didn't think it was all together bad - definitely worth more than a lowly 3.8/10. About the only truly tragic thing about it was how much weight Mark Hamill has put on since he last wielded a lightsabre. I hope the Jedi order have a good weight-loss plan if he's going to reprise his role for Disney's episodes 7-9.

6/10 Should probably keep you awake if Freddy Krueger was haunting your nights

No comments:

Post a Comment