Thursday 9 May 2019

Reality Kills - Wow... what a stinker

I write a lot of reviews on films and, normally, try to find something positive to say about a movie. No matter how bad it is, there's at least a couple of good points. In fact, I hate people who say things like `Worst movie ever!!!!' (note the annoyingly large amount of exclamations marks).

Well, this definitely isn't the worst movie ever (in my opinion `Seed' takes that particular accolade), but it is at least definitely in the bottom of the barrel.

My hopes weren't high from the beginning. I think Hollywood should be forced to stamp a great big warning sign on any film which is actually `found footage.' This emerging genre is certainly cheap to produce. Minimal actors and special effects are required and I daresay the editing doesn't take too long either.

Reality Kills is, sadly, one of these `found footage films. It's constructed like a documentary about people who were murdered in a house... or something. In fact, as soon as I realised it was found footage, I kind of lost interest. This review is only based on the first hour. I couldn't take any more. Cliche after cliché reared its ugly head. From the couple killed while having sex, to the shaky camerawork and killers who run in and run out of frame so quickly, you can barely tell what it was.

This isn't the worst movie ever made, but there are plenty of these types of horror films out there and they, at best, only become average - the kind of movie you watch to kill time and forget about afterwards. Sadly, this one isn't even that good. It's just one you need to avoid. Even if you're a massive fan of found footage films, this one doesn't make the grade.

2/10 Scuzzier than the leftover goo from a Queen alien's egg sack

No comments:

Post a Comment