Tuesday 2 April 2019

Faces in the Crowd - You might like it (I emphasis the word MIGHT) 

Milla Jovovich plays a primary school teacher (I wish she was my primary school teacher when I was growing up, but that's a different story) who hears about one of those serial killers on the TV before she goes out. Then she goes out and ends up getting battered by the same one. In doing so she loses the ability to recognise people and has to, er, I forget.

It was at that point I started doing something else. She goes to see an old woman/psychiatrist/doctor who coaches her like Obi-wan Kenobi in drag.

Faces in the Crowd has got a nice premise behind it, plus Milla's not bad in most of what she does. Therefore it must find a certain amount of people out there who liked it. I just found it boring. There's only so many times she can see someone and not recognise them, only to find out it's someone she knows. Then, at just before the ninety minute mark, finally bump back into the serial killer and...
I won't spoil it for you. You might want to find out for yourself. Then again, if you're a fan of Milla Jovovich, you might just want to stick on one of the Resident Evil films or the Fifth Element.

4/10 Dumb and Dumber could understand this film

No comments:

Post a Comment