Sunday 25 August 2019

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - An action movie by the numbers 

If you like cheesy, daft, over-the-top action films (like me for example), you probably enjoyed Ghost Rider. Therefore, you may be drawn into watching the sequel - Spirit of Vengeance.

I'm currently writing this review while the credits are rolling. I am doing this for one reason only: if I leave it another hour, I might well have forgotten the entire film.

It was like someone took a hero, inserted a couple of bad guys along the way, added a monster at the end and an annoying kid to rescue and trotted it out as a film.

This has to be the most generic action film ever made.

I would like to try and say something negative about it - something that really got my blood boiling, but I can't. There's absolutely nothing bad to say about it. Only there's nothing good to say about it either. It's just completely middle-of-the-road.

The only way this film can be perceived as `amazing' is if an alien came down from space, after living on a planet with no action films, and watched this. Basically, if you've never seen an action film before, you'll probably be blown away.

Me, I've seen one or two before and, now I'm reaching the end of the review I'm having real trouble actually remembering what I'm reviewing. I think it had Nicolas Cage in it, or maybe it was John Travolta?

Did I just see someone's head on fire?

4/10 Dumb and Dumber would probably appreciate this film

No comments:

Post a Comment