Friday 14 December 2018

Zombeavers - If you don’t like this it’s kind of your fault

This film is entitled ‘Zombeavers.’ Think about that for a moment.  Cute little woodland animals turned into bloodthirsty undead beasts (who then go on to plague the living hell out of three scantily-clad young maidens).  If you think that sounds like possibly the worst idea since sharks caught in a tornado then it’s best you never ever think of watching this film.  If, however, you can lower your mind significantly to appreciate it, you may just get something out of it.

I had had a long day and I needed something totally un-intellectual to relax my mind.  This fitted the bill just perfectly.  Believe it or not, I do watch somewhat deeper films, but I totally wasn’t in the mood for something deep and meaningful.  About the level of my IQ was laughing at badly animated puppets with glowing eyes chasing girls in bikinis.

This film is daft and, most importantly, it knows it is.  It never tries to be serious and never tries to be anything but what it is – daft, silly fun.

It has no budget.  The special effects are anything but special.  It has no big name actors.  Those who have turned up are largely there for their good looks.  And the dialogue isn’t great at the best of times.  And yet, with all these down-points, I still can’t bring myself to hate it.

So, if you’ve had a long day and want to relax in front of a film where you can totally put your brain ‘on hold’ for an hour and half, then this is the one for you.  If you think you’re going to be in for a story filled with excellent character development and broad story arcs the you may need to skip this one.

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment