Friday 9 November 2018

Gallowwalkers - Alas poor Wesley, I knew him well

I think most Wesley Snipes fans will always remember him best from things like ‘White Men Can’t Jump, Passenger 57, Demolition Man’ and the ‘Blade’ trilogy.  It’s because of these fun little classics that I chose to watch ‘Gallowwalkers.’ I did a little research before I sat down and watched it.  I saw it had a (current) rating of about 3/10, but I thought, ‘Hey... it’s got Wesley Snipes in it – it can’t be THAT bad!’

How wrong I was.

Normally, when you review a film, you try and get across a brief summary of the plot.  I can’t though here.  I really didn’t understand what was going on.

It’s a Western, only with zombies in (parts of) it.  Plus the baddie has no skin.  I think he came back from the dead.  Snipes is... someone who did something during his tragic childhood and now has to kill people.  Mainly undead people I think. 

And that’s about it.

What follows is one – seemingly random – scene after the next where something happens.  Only we don’t really feel any one scene is actually connected to whatever’s gone on before.

Basically, it’s a mess.

And it’s cheap.  It’s possibly one of the cheapest-looking films I’ve ever seen.  Most of it looks like it’s been filmed in a parking lot somewhere out the back of a convenience store in Texas.

And don’t get me started on the dialogue.  That’s so bad I won’t even go any further.

Just believe the reviews on this one.  It’s as bad as 90% of people say it is.  And they’re right.  Just avoid and remember Snipes at his best.

1/10 This might as well have been written, directed and produced by Uwe Boll

No comments:

Post a Comment