Thursday 9 January 2020

Piggy - I must have been watching a different film

I was about to start my review when I happened to read some of the others. Now I feel I must have severely missed something in `Piggy.' It's a story about a young man in London called Joe, whose brother is murdered by a gang of thugs, leaving Joe to meet up by chance with a mysterious stranger who calls himself `Piggy' then embark on a revenge spree.

Basically, I didn't like it. I found the characters completely dull and one dimensional, plus, if you've read either the blurb about the film or what I've written about, you might as well just skip the first twenty minutes or so, as you'll know everything that happens. Then there's the music. I found it a little over the top. If you were supposed to feel sorry for a character, all you get is a loud, emotional violin tune, making sure we know that we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

People have said that Piggy is a violent film. Personally, I couldn't see it. Yes, people hit other people and then kill them. However, much of the visual violence always happens out of shot, leaving you to only witness someone punching someone you can't see.

Basically, someone described this as a `poor man's Fight Club' and I think that basically sums up the film. Judging by what other people wrote about it, it seems to have found a following and good luck to it for that. It just wasn't for me.

4/10 You can watch this film while you're doing the ironing (you'll still get the general gist of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment