Wednesday 19 February 2020

Keith Lemon: The Film - The Lemon is sour

Now, I'm reliably informed that Keith Lemon (or the guy who plays him - whose name I don't actually know) does other - very popular - shows like Bo Selecta and Celebrity Juice. However, I never saw any of those.

I rented Keith Lemon, on the grounds that I kept seeing articles and interviews about it in The Sun newspaper. The papers were also full of stories on The Inbetweeners Movie (which was awesome!) so I kind of considered, based on the massive newspaper publicity campaign, that this one must be worth a watch too.

It's not.

I was about five minutes in when I gauged the level of this movie. In short, it's just not funny. I don't mind toilet humour. I don't mind crudeness. And I don't mind silliness. However, crude, silly toilet humour has to actually be funny to pass. Keith Lemon used all of these and just never manages to make a joke. It relies on celebrity cameos every couple of minutes. Most of these are misfires and come across as forced and badly-acted.

It's just bad. Seriously, check out the other reviews on any other website (I wish I had). The majority of people are giving it one star (and that's positively generous).

I'm tempted to watch Bo Selecta or Celebrity Juice to see if they're any better. I'm sure this guy must have made some good stuff, otherwise he would never have got this travesty of a film off the ground.
Stick with The Inbetweeners Movie if you want a taste of British humour at its best. Just bury Keith.
If life gives you lemons, don't make a movie about them.

1/10 This might as well have been written, directed and produced by Uwe Boll

No comments:

Post a Comment