Saturday 5 June 2021

The Switch - Plenty of `Rom,' not so much `Com.'

Even though I'm a guy, I'm not immune to the odd romantic comedy - if it's got something decent to offer.

Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman are both likeable leads who have a decent pedigree of humorous films on their C.V.s, so I thought, `Why not?'

Yes, they're good and yes, they have reasonable charisma throughout the film and yes at the end of the ninety minutes you do feel reasonably warm and fuzzy inside. The only thing I found was that there weren't that many laughs along the way. There was a fair amount of romance and some character development, plus adequate dilemmas for them to strive through - I just thought that it would be funnier. Maybe it's my sense of humour, but I just didn't find it funny.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. The best character bond was actually between Jason Bateman and the young boy `Sebastian' - the element that made the film worth watching.

A worthwhile way to kill an hour and a half - not so much a `Rom Com' as a `Rom Drama' in my opinion.

6/10 May just keep you awake if Freddy Kruger was haunting your nights

No comments:

Post a Comment