Wednesday 22 April 2020

Dead Bodies - Does not contain as many dead bodies as I thought it would!

I won't give an exact number of how many people bite the dust, but, for some reason, I expected it to be more. However, that's just my minor gripe. I actually enjoyed this film immensely.

It's about a layabout boyfriend whose girlfriend shouts at him one too many times. A horrific accident later and he's left working out the best way of disposing of a body (and there may be one or two more bodies to follow after that).

Most reviews touch on Danny Boyle's classic `Shallow Grave,' as there are a few comparisons, but Dead Bodies isn't simply Ireland's answer to Boyle's first classic. Also, as others have mentioned the film does start off quite cheeky, almost as if it's trying to set the tone as a comedy. However, the comic feel starts to slowly dwindle as the bodies start to pile up (in not a very big pile). Therefore some people seem to lament the lack of quick-fire humour that the opening half hour displays.

The humour is well-written, so I can understand people missing it. However, if you just let it go and accept that the film ventures into something much darker then you should get something out of it.
It's one for people who like `whodunits' who know who did it from the off.

7/10 if I woke up on Groundhog Day and had to watch this again, I could live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment